Monday 20 February 2012

Lady Gaga inspires Raakesh Agarvwal's collection

International pop diva Lady Gaga’s eclectic style became an inspiration for designer Raakesh Agarvwal’s collection at the second day of ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Thursday.
“Lately, I have been listening to Lady Gaga a lot. Initially I never liked her, but when I started listening to her, I started falling in love with her. I love her style but I don’t know how many people would be able to carry it,” Agarvwal told IANS.


“I love her style statement and she is unbelievably creative. It was a challenge because she is always creative and I wanted that whole Lady Gaga creativeness to come into much more wearable garments. The garments were cut sharply for the body so that a normal woman can pick up and wear it and yet feel like Lady Gaga,” he added.

The designer’s collection included gold sequined jump suits, short dresses, jackets and gowns made from fabrics like velvets, jerseys, wool, satin and silk. However, the collection was dominated by leather.

“The whole collection is inspired by lot of architectures from different eras like the Taj Mahal in Agra to Blue mosque in Istanbul and Louvre Museum in Paris. We have taken different techniques, artworks and motifs and blended it with the sexy look with a bit of Lady Gaga style thrown into it,” he said.

Singer Anushka Manchanda opened Agarvwal’s show with a small gig, pepping up the mood in the show area.

“Anushka is real star and one of the best pop stars in the country till now. Moreover, because the collection was about Lady Gaga meeting architectural collection, I thought it would be better if I take a popstar rather than having any Bollywood celebrity or a supermodel,” Agarvwal added. (IANS)


sources : click "here"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...