Monday 19 December 2011

Donald Trump : "I Discovered Lady Gaga"


Donald Trump is claiming he’s the reason Lady Gaga is successful. He’s also responsible for Willow Smith, Michael Buble, and The Beatles. 

I guess U.S. politics kind of laughed Donald Trump out of D.C., so now he’s going back to talking about celebs. It’s good to have you back, Donald. 

Trump says that during the Miss Universe Pageant in 2008, Lady Gaga headlined and that’s how she got her big break. 

“I own the Miss Universe Pageant,” said Trump. Don’t worry, he continued. 

“And about four years ago, during what you call half-time, we always have an entertainer. We’ve had a lot of great people, and you don’t pay them anything because it’s one of the biggest audiences and my people told me, ‘Nobody knows who she is but there’s this woman with good talent named Lady GaGa.’ And I said, ‘Give me a break.’ And then they said, ‘She’s really good.’ So I said, ‘I don’t care, if you like her, put her on.’” 

Wait, so let me get this straight. You said “I don’t care” and somehow, you’re responsible for Lady Gaga, one of the biggest entertainers of all time? So what the Donald is saying here is--he makes people huge stars using sheer indifference. He does things by not doing anything at all. That makes sense. 

“So we put her on… it was live all over the United States and all over the world and the next day, nobody was talking about (the winner of) Miss Universe, everybody was talking, ‘Who was the woman, who was the entertainer? She was unbelievable.” 

Trump says that Gaga knows he’s responsible for her breakout, too. 

“She’s been very gracious about it… About a year ago, when she was so hot, and she’s hot now, she was performing at Radio City Musical Hall and there were a lot of celebrities, all sitting next to me, and her manager came up during the performance and said, ‘GaGa wants to see you, but only Donald Trump.’” 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...